Why I love teaching yoga
One of my greatest joys is teaching and sharing the benefits of yoga with others. It is so fulfilling to hear from students who tell me how yoga has enabled them to feel calmer overall, empowered them to work through aches and pains without needing medication for relief, and improved their mobility, stability, strength and balance.
Yoga has given me the tools to journey through life with more ease and grace. But, it wasn’t always that way…
I began my journey while working as a graphic designer at MAD Magazine in New York City. Sitting at a computer compounded aches and pain in my back due to scoliosis. After trying a few yoga classes after work, I was hooked. It was a wonderful to stretch and release tension after sitting at a desk for most of the day and literally “pounding the pavement” of NYC walking most places. My consistent yoga practice alleviated lower back pain symptoms and I felt so much better in my body and mind.
Inspired by my physical health improving, I began my journey to become a certified yoga teacher.
Training and certifications
- E-RYT 500 – Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance
- YACEP – Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider
- 300-hour of advanced training with YogaWorks in NYC and Los Angeles in 2018
- 200-hour certification with YogaWorks in NYC in 2008
- 200-hour certified Kundalini yoga instructor through Prana Mandir in NYC in 2005